I work as a Scientist at the Qatar Computing Research Institute, Hamad Bin Khalifa University. I’ve also got a postdoctoral research affiliation with the Turku School of Economics. My dissertation focused on strategic challenges of platform startups. I’m currently focused on Automatic Persona Generation (APG) which is a system to generate personas from online analytics data data (YouTube, Facebook, Google Analytics). I’m also running a research project on the societal impact of machine decision-making.
I’ve got more than 8 years of experience in digital marketing as a marketing manager in Elämyslahjat.fi, an ecommerce company. During this time, the company has increased sales from 100k€ to more than 2M€ mainly by using Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, email marketing, SEO, and conversion optimization. I occassionally consult startups and small companies on digital marketing.
I love teaching. Have taughts digital marketing in three different universities, services marketing, and startup marketing. My teaching philosophy relies on hands-on focus, combining theoretical and practical insights to help students realize what matters.
My students have won several international competitions, including:
- Google Online Marketing Challenge (European Business Award, 2013)
- Google Online Marketing Challenge (European Business Award, 2016)
- Facebook Global Digital Challenge (2015)
Some of my teaching material is available at Slideshare, mostly in Finnish.
Life in pictures
- I like playing floorball.
- I have a niece who is six years old (probably older by the time you read this!).
- I used to work in Disneyland Paris.
- I sometimes teach using memes.
- Finland is the country of thousands of lakes.
More pics in Facebook.